Google AdWords is still one of the most power means to reach new customers, and Funeral homes and crematories would benefit a lot from its effectiveness. Used properly, this powerful advertising tool could bring in a substantial number of new client families to your funeral or cremation business.
The following are the five rules for an effective Google AdWords campaign:
- Use the right keywords
Keywords are the main drivers for success for each of your Google AdWords ad. Make sure to properly use the keywords you are optimizing for on the title of your main ad. The best keywords or keyphrases are those that have high hits but have low competition. They usually cost low.
- Focus on Clicks, Not on Impressions
With Google AdWords, the costs are based on the number of clicks, not on impressions. Be sure to use only the most relevant keywords for funeral home’s location and services.
- Study your competitors Ads
Take a look at your competitor’s ads to see how they are using the keywords and keyphrases, or to check what else you may have missed in terms of writing a good ad copy.
- Take advantage of Adwords Extensions
Give more reasons for clients families to click on your ads with Ad Extensions. This feature shows more information that customers may want to know about such as phone number, funeral home rating, mailing address and webpage links.
- Sitelink Extensions – allows you to include additional links in your standard text ad.
- Location Extensions – allows you to include location information in your standard text ads
- Call Extensions – allows you to include a phone number in your standard text ad.
- Callout Extensions – lets you include additional descriptive text in your standard text ad.
- Review Extensions – A review extension must be an accurate, current, credible, non-duplicative third-party review of the advertiser’s business. Like the rest of your ad text, your review extensions must comply with all AdWords policies.
Take advantage of these extensions for more clicks and increased calls.
- Track your results
Always make sure that you track the effectiveness of your AdWords campaign, and adjust your ads based on what the tracking tool shows you. Which of your keywords are driving more traffic to your site? Which are not? Which keywords are jacking up your costs?
Your funeral and cremation business is now ready to pull in more calls and more client families with the effective use of Google AdWords to get your ads to the top.