The Funeral Marketing Platform is a comprehensive marketing strategy that consists of specific layers of marketing initiatives so that your firm will have a complete, multifaceted approach for your online marketing platform. These initiatives have been developed through the Funeral Marketing Blueprint program, as well as additional strategies that have been created in conjunction with our Funeral Boardroom members. The platform consists of both one-time initiatives and ongoing strategies that will give you a solid foundation as well as market-leading campaigns to always keep you ahead of your competitors.
There are six categories (or pillars) that form the Funeral Marketing Platform. They consist of website traffic generation and engagement, search engine optimization, education and relationship marketing, reputation management, online advertising and content syndication.
# 1 – Website Traffic Generation and Engagement
The reason why we want to increase traffic and engagement to your website is twofold: first, Google and the other search engines favour websites with higher traffic and engagement compared to competing websites; second, the more people that interact with your online brand, the greater your reputation will be in your community, and there will be a greater awareness of the services that you offer.
This will be achieved by creating and implementing a system to rapidly promote upcoming services through online obituaries, as well as other content shared on your website and online. Customized scripts, templates and training will be provided to make this initiative easily incorporated with your staff.
The results will be more traffic to your website, those visitors spending a longer time on your website and, if executed correctly, more attendees at the services you are hosting – which is one of the best forms of marketing!
# 2 – Search Engine Optimization (ranking higher in Google & other search engines)
The reason why this is important is because so many people now head to the Internet, and more specifically Google, to start their research and decision-making process for choosing a local business – including funeral homes.
This will be achieved by assessing your current search engine positioning and then providing you with all of the information to be given to your current website developer for items that are related directly to the website (onsite search engine attributes). We will also provide assistance in any off-site search engine attributes that can be improved.
The result will be that you rank as high as possible in the most appropriate search terms that consumers use when choosing a funeral home, and the ultimate result will be an increase in calls.
# 3 – Education and Relationship Marketing
The reason why we want to incorporate this strategy is because most consumers are unaware of all of the options available today, and you will want to nurture them and build a relationship with them, so they get to know you, like you, and trust you to look after the services of their loved one. Ultimately people want to do business with people with whom they are comfortable, and this is where many funeral homes’ online presence fall short.
This will be achieved by creating and implementing systems directly targeted to specific markets. These markets will include priced-based and value-based shoppers, hospices, nursing homes, different denominations and other targeted groups. This strategy will consist of specific landing pages and accompanying email and telephone scripts in combination with the creation of a Comparison Pricing Matrix that turns price-focused shoppers into value-based ones.
Other general educational information will be provided through FAQs, articles and videos all with the purpose of educating consumers to choose your firm over your competitors, as well as introducing them to new service offerings that they will be more apt to choose during the arrangement process.
The results will be that you are able to connect with key decision makers and influencers, which will drive you more market share and increase your average funeral value by having the consumer more educated by the time they come to see you.
# 4 – Reputation Management
Why is this important? Because, online, perception is everything. Google nor the consumer knows or even cares who the oldest firm is – whoever does the best job in promoting themselves online will be the perceived leader and best choice in that market.
This perception will be achieved by first establishing a solid foundation of your firm’s listing in all of the appropriate online business and local directories. Once those are established, we will help you generate an ongoing stream of positive online reviews which will further your perception over your competitors.
The results will be realized by an increase in search engine rankings and the number of positive online reviews, which will ultimately give you a better opportunity to serve those undecided consumers who are looking for a funeral home.
# 5 – Online Advertising
Advertising online is important is because most funeral homes either don’t do it or do it incorrectly. This means that if you do it properly you have a distinct competitive advantage in targeting both potential at-need families as well as future pre-need clients.
This will be achieved by creating a comprehensive Google AdWords campaign that targets both people searching for Funeral Homes on Google, in combination with display/banner ads that tastefully promote your services and pre-need offerings to targeted people in your market.
The results will be the most trackable form of advertising that you can use. Also, with the degree of detail we put into our online advertising campaigns, it will also probably be your most effective form of advertising. The ultimate result will be to have your offer in front of the exact people that are looking for your services.
Note: You are responsible for the actual costs-per-click from Google. We work hard to keep your “ad spend” as cost effective as possible.
# 6 – Content Syndication
The reason why content syndication is important is that while we are promoting your obituaries and articles you will be gaining more connections through the variety of social media networks and building your own subscription database of members of your community who want to keep in touch with you. This strategy also gives you added search engine optimization power as the search engines like to know that information is being shared throughout the social media networks.
This will be achieved by creating and/or optimizing social media networks with a consistent brand and automating certain tools to spread your information. We will also create opt in or lead capture forms so that you can build an ever-growing list of contacts.
The results will be that you will have a database of contacts as well as an increasing number of likes, followers and connections throughout your social media networks.
In the implementation of the Funeral Marketing Platform, the strategies will be released over a six-month period. We will create and implement the most important strategies in the beginning so that you can receive your quickest return on investment.
One of the first initiatives we will create is a special page, together with a script and instructions for your staff, to be used at the time of the first call and prior to the family coming in for arrangements. This strategy will introduce them to a number of decisions that they need to make and introduce them to some services of yours that they may not be aware of.
You will find that the arrangements are easier to conduct, and more profitable, as the family will be asking you about a number of different offerings that you have instead of you having to present these during the arrangement.
Another strategy we will work together on is displaying your prices in a manner that demonstrates the value of the services you offer. Even if you are not the lowest price option in your market, consumers will appreciate the manner in which these prices have been displayed.
In the content marketing area, we will produce a series of frequently asked questions, videos, and a set of four infographics that will separate you from your competition based on the information that you give them.
Below is a partial checklist of our core initiatives that we will create and implement on your behalf. We will also implement other strategies that are mutually agreed upon for no additional costs.
- Implementation of Traffic Generation Strategy through Obituary Promotion
- Positive online survey/review solicitation and capture system
- 2 landing pages used for potential client families and first calls to help win undecided families and educate new client families on service offerings and merchandise
- 7 landing pages (and accompanying systems) for specific target markets and service offerings including: Hospice, Nursing Homes, Catholics, Protestants, Agnostic (Celebrations of Life), Fraternities & Service Organizations, Cremation, Green Burials, etc.
- 2 Price Comparison Matrices (Tables) comparing your service offerings against each other (internal) and / or head to head comparisons with competitors (external)of a particular service offering (eg. Cremation Only)
- Funeral & Cremation Online & Phone Shopper assets: Quote Request Submission Form and Cost Calculator Worksheet
- Creation/Optimization of Social Media Network accounts including consistent branding and graphics for each account: Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, Foursquare and Instagram
- Community Sponsorship Request Form and filtering to showcase community involvement and to require donation seekers to go through application process
- Optimization of your Google My Business page
- Creation of a system to monitor your online reviews so that you can react to both positive and negative reviews immediately
- 4 SEO targeted videos for “buying keyword” searches
- 20 FAQ posts and videos
- 10 Business-listing submissions
- 2 written press releases including submissions to local, industry and online media outlets
- Google AdWords account creation with 4 Search campaigns
Note: If these items were created / implemented individually, the cost would be over $20,000.
Examples of Marketing Assets
- Landing Page for New Client Families before arrangement
- Client Family Online Survey form
- Landing Page for Specific Target Market
- Positive Online Review system:
- Buying Keyword SEO Video samples:
- Price Comparison Matrices:
- Compare your own services:
- Compare against competitors: https://www.cremationbrazosvalley.com/texas-cremation-price-comparison/
- Funeral and Cremation Costs Calculator worksheets:
- Community Sponsorship Request Form and filtering:
- Press Release sample:
We want to make sure you feel that you are receiving a positive return on your investment in this initiative, so we use a variety of tracking methods to record the results. To achieve this, we will track:
- Google Analytics – traffic/engagement
- Opt-ins/leads from website
- Downloads of Resources Kits/documents
- Increase in call volume
- Increase of average funeral value
- Tracking phone # calls (optional – phone number and minutes additional costs)
We will also have a minimum of 2 30-minute strategy sessions per month to make sure that the program is on track and to make any necessary adjustments along the way as every market and firm is unique.
For Phase 1, the fee is $12,000, paid in 6 monthly installments of $2,000, or one lump sum fee of $9,995.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with our work, we will make the necessary changes until you are satisfied. If after a minimum of six (6) months and before a maximum of twelve (12) months, you feel we failed to deliver what we promised, we will refund 100% of the project.
We sincerely hope we have the opportunity to work with you and help your firm achieve ever-increasing levels of success.
Choose which payment plan best suits your situation and notify Robin Heppell to arrange the initial payment.
Future Initiatives / Phase 2
After six months and the completion of Phase 1 you will benefit from a number of one-time fixes and tweaks that will continue to help and promote your online presence. You will also own all of content assets that were created for you which will continue to help you in your search engine rankings as well as your online reputation.
In Phase 2, it will be your option to:
- continue as a Funeral Boardroom member at the reduced rate of $1,000/month,
- continue the Solid Foundation (Online Web Presence) which includes On-site SEO, Google My Business page optimization, monitoring of Online Reviews and quarterly Web Presence Reporting ($495/month),
- and/or continue the Google AdWords program at a cost of $245 per month (not including the cost per click charges from Google).
Other marketing initiatives that can be started are:
- The creation of a newsletter that will be able to be distributed online and offline at a cost of $1,495/quarter/edition
- The creation of a speakers bureau/community outreach program that will provide you with all of the materials needed to promote and present educational programs throughout your community at $995 per event
- The creation of an online radio show/podcast where interviews will be conducted with other end-of-life experts in your community. There is a one-time setup fee of $1,495, and for the production and distribution of each interview there is a cost of $395 per episode.