Hi, I’m Rob Heppell and thanks for your interest in Funeral Futurist Websites for your funeral home.
On this page I will give you…
- A little background about myself
- My philosophy pertaining to funeral home websites
- And our development process for creating funeral home websites
Choosing a new website for your funeral home is a serious decision because your website will be your number one marketing asset. Since this decision is so important I think that you should know who you are working with.
About me, I’m a fourth generation funeral director with 25 years experience in a highly competitive market. I am a Certified Funeral Service Practitioner (CFSP) and a Certified Celebrant. The reason why I wanted to let you know about my background is so that you know that you are dealing with the funeral professional who is dedicated to excellence within the funeral profession.
My approach to funeral home websites is threefold. They must be easy, friendly and flexible:
- Funeral home websites should be easy for visitors to navigate and funeral home staff to use an update.
- They must be both search engine friendly and mobile friendly.
- They also must be flexible so that the look and feel can be updated easily and also give the funeral home flexibility to transfer it without being locked in with proprietary systems.
To achieve these ideals we use WordPress as our Content Management System (CMS) for all funeral home websites. WordPress is the World’s most popular CMS. In 2007, we were the first funeral marketing and technology company to use WordPress for funeral home websites.
It allows us to make websites search engine friendly (ie. Google) from the ground up so that both your funeral home and your obituaries can be easily found in Google and the other search engines. Also all of our new websites are mobile responsive meaning that they conform to whatever device they are being displayed on. This means that you don’t need to have the burden or expense of a second mobile website.
Also in the future, the look and feel of your website can be easily updated without disturbing the authority and SEO structure that you have built over the years. And even if you wanted to change web hosts or manage and host the site yourself, your WordPress site can be easily transferred and you should easily be able to find someone local to edit and maintain your website if you wish.
Other funeral home website development companies have proprietary applications and structure so that you are tied to them for a long period of time. Since our sites are easily transferred, we work to earn your business every month. Since I am a funeral professional like you, I like to treat my clients the way you treat your client families – and yes, you can call me on evenings and weekends as well (my cell number is: 250-686-4576).
Now I realize that our websites are not for everyone. Hopefully from what I just explained you can see that there is a great difference between what we offer and some of the cheap or even so-called free website offerings from various suppliers. The only motive that I have is for my clients to get more business. We don’t try to make money off of your floral sales or product sales or obituary or memorial page sales. I and my team are here to help you get more calls – period.
Likewise other companies will try to sell you on all the latest bells and whistles and that’s because they are all about technology because they’re technology companies. By working with me you get direct access to a leading industry consultant. If you’re just looking for technology partner then maybe we are not the right choice for you, but if you are looking for a strategic marketing partner then you’re in the right place.
If you like what I have said so far and you feel a Funeral Futurist Website is right for you then I want to explain to you the process of us creating your new funeral home website.
- Step 1: Website Development Enrolment: Complete the registration form and then we will send you a brief questionnaire to get a little bit more information about your firm and your market.
- Step 2: Competitive Strategy Session: We will set up a web conference between us and you can include any other key staff that you want. We will review your market, your competitors, and look for any opportunities for you to get an advantage for your web presence.
- Step 3: Choosing the Look and Feel of Your Website: We have the ability and talent to make your website to look anyway for you want. Maybe you have ideas from some of the current websites we have or even your own website – we can create the look and feel of the website that you want.
- Step 4: Website Elements: This is where we’ll show you samples of different modules and widgets that can be applied throughout your website. Think of the look and feel of your website has the structure and the coloring of the house. For the website elements, this is where we do the final appointments of the house as well as adding the furniture. And just like furniture in a house, these things can be moved around to where you want them to be. These elements (or widgets) would include testimonials, videos, frequently asked questions, updated weather forecasts, etc.
- Step 5: Obit Backup: Request an export and back up of all of your current online obituaries, condolences and obit images from your current website provider. We have an e-mail that will send to you that you can cut and paste the request and forward it onto your current provider.
- Step 6: Live Demonstration: Throughout the development process we will provide you a link to the development website so that you can see our progress in action. Then once we’re completed the development of your website, we will have a live demonstration together via web conference. At this time we will make any corrections or adjustments that you wish. But don’t worry if you have future additions or changes, we can easily make those for you as well once site is live. (Plus remember, there is no extra charge for the number of pages you want – the more relevant pages you have, the more Google likes you.)
- Step 7: Launch Website: This is when we will make your new website live. We will help you with redirecting your domain name or transferring it from your current provider into your own possession. From this point forward we will continue to help you update and improve your website and your over all web presence.
If you’re ready to get started please click on the yellow button below and complete the enrolment form. If you would like further information from me please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me at one 1-800-810-3595.