Click on the PLAY button to listen to John’s 6 Golden Rules
The 6 Golden Rules of Funeral Home Website Content
- Never forget WIIFM. “What’s in it for me?” That is why they are coming to the website. Focus your energies on giving them what they need not telling the history of your funeral home.
- Lead with obituaries. It is the most popular place on your website. Lead with it and make it really obvious for people to find.
- Follow with near need information – For that family that is in that near need or at need situation, give them information that will help them make a good decision.
- Build your case for a memorial service – Now is the time. Once somebody has warmed up to your funeral home and they have gotten comfortable with the fact that you are here to help them, and then it is time to start building your case for a memorial service.
- Clearly communicate what makes you unique. When all things are equal the deciding criteria is price. You have to be unique and you need to communicate that clearly on your website.
- Keep it simple – Write for the 8th grade or less. People are already overwhelmed enough. It is a hard time in their life. You are not insulting them, you are meeting them where they are at and they will appreciate it. Keep it simple on your website.